Sunday 6 June 2021

28 April - Day 3 - Between Farmington and Clapton on the Hill to home

Walking 6.45am to 3pm

Distance walked 16 miles

It was actually a peaceful night with no deer activity. Very little noise at all, in fact. I was away early on a slightly rainy morning. Clapton on the Hill was quiet and I passed through it quickly and then passed through some grassy fields (Salmonsbury Fields SSSI) to reach the gravel lakes on the eastern edge of Bourton on the Water. There were just dog walkers about. I followed clear paths around the lakes and passed by the Salmonsbury Hill Fort which I hadn't heard of before despite living not far away. There was a replica Iron Age hut but it wasn't open for admission.

My walk then took me through Icomb and then Bledington, Kingham and home. A good day and a good weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.