Sunday 11 September 2022

South West Coast Path Day 8 - 10 September 2022

Lowland Point where I was last night is an excellent spot. Away early again. At Porthallow, I couldn't pass by Fat Apples Cafe. It was 8.45 and they didn't open for business till 9.30 but the door was open. They were happy to serve me with excellent coffee and toast and marmalade. Lovely people and they also offer nearly wild camping. Whilst here, I found I don't have to be in Falmouth till tomorrow. This made today more relaxed so I had another coffee.


At Gillan Creek, the tide was out so was able to wade the two channels of water. At Helford, I reached the village stores at 3.05 only to find they close at 3. My dwindling supplies of food will just see me through till tomorrow.

Helford

As I reached the ferry, the boat had just started off but it came back for me. At Durgan there was a NT point selling tea/coffee and ice creams. I had a tea and, with permission, filled my little milk bottle. A £1 donation well spent. From there I've had a leisurely walk to Rosemullion Head where I think I'll be OK for the night. Very exposed to view so will wait for the light to fade before pitching.

About twelve miles walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.