Monday 5 September 2022

South West Coast Path Day 3 - 5 September 2022

Last night's rain wasn't as bad as forecast and I kept completely dry. 

Portheras Cove

It wasn't far to Pendeen. I was hoping for a cafe at the Levant mine and first stopped for breakfast amongst the old mine buildings but there wasn't a cafe. However, a couple of hours later there was one at Cape Cornwall so I stopped for coffee and a pasty as well.


Cape Cornwall

There was a tricky rock scramble at Aire Point. I had a break overlooking Gwynver beach and then passed quickly through Sennen and on to Land's End which I passed by even more quickly.

The forecast rain arrived really swiftly at 4pm as I was on a path above crashing waves. I donned waterproofs and studied the map with the intention of heading inland a bit. After some quite torrential rain, I came upon a flat pitch at Nanjizal which was quite calm. After pitching, there was another downpour and then the wind started. The rain seems to have gone elsewhere but the wind is pretty bad. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone on but I was expecting much more rain. It's going to be a noisy night.

Thirteen miles walked.


1 comment:

  1. Good to see your progress. Thought of you during the horrendous thunder storm we had here yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.