Monday 5 September 2022

South West Coast Path Day 2 - 4 September 2022

I woke in the early hours with a bit of a problem. The heavy rain hadn't drained into the ground and I had water all around me and underneath me. I hadn't given the weather enough thought and items of clothing I'd left next to me were soaked. At least as I was in a bivy bag, I was dry and so was my quilt.

This morning I set off with various bits of clothing attached to the outside of my pack.

Today's weather was generally warm and sunny at times so the clothing eventually dried. At eleven I stopped to make coffee near Zennor and put the tarp up to dry.





During the afternoon I walked for a bit with a lady who lived locally. Heavy rain being forecast, she suggested a camping field at Morvah. It was only ten minutes from the coast path and was reasonably sheltered and, even better, was only £5. The two sites at Pendeen are twice as much.

I only walked about nine miles. It was quite hard going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.