Thursday 8 September 2022

South West Coast Path Day 6 - 8 September 2022

Well, last night's pitch, although comfortable, wasn't a good choice. I got away by 6.45am after the second dog walker was going by. I left Oli still packing up and he was going into Porthleven to buy water.

I quickly rejoined the coast path. It wasn't raining at that point but much rain was forecast for the day. It was an enjoyable walk along the cliff top and then across Loe Bar. 

Loe Bar

I paused for a while in the church at Gunwalloe Church Cove to escape the weather for a bit. Then up to the cliffs again, dipping to Poldhu Cove, then up again where I had a break at the Polurrian Hotel, directly off the coast path. Here, I worked my way through a pot of coffee and made a plan for the day while the rain lashed down outside.

Looking out from Polurrian Hotel

So, plan made, I walked up to Mullion village in pouring rain, bought a large steak pasty and some saffron buns and then made my way by road to Sea View Camping at Predannack to end a short day's walking. I'm showered and shaved and have been under cover during the several downpours.

The day has ended strangely with the news this evening of the death of the Queen. I'll always recall where I was when I heard the news - under my tarp at Predannack.

About eight miles walked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.