Friday 5 April 2019

Sweden

I fly out to Sweden on 10 April for a couple of weeks backpacking along Sörmlandsleden. I'm basically all packed and decisions made about the gear needed. I shall be tarping, given that there won't be any shortage of trees, to say nothing of the wooden shelters at regular intervals along the way. There are a few shops for resupply although I plan to carry a week's worth of food to start with, a bit on the heavy side but worth it and the weight will reduce. There are shops on the second and sixth/seventh days. It will be very different terrain to what I am used to in the UK.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Carrying a week's worth of food sounds a bit daunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My food bag weighs around seven pounds. Total pack weight, including this, around twenty five pounds. I've tried the pack on and it's quite comfortable. It helps having a good pack, though - Gossamer Gear Mariposa. Of course, it will become lighter by the day, until I resupply but not seven days worth.

      Delete
  2. Will you be walking the entire length of the trail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire trail is 1,000km. I'll be doing 300km (186 miles).

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.