Sunday 14 April 2019

Sörmlandsleden Day 4 - Paradiset to Svarvaretorp Stage 6 to Lida, part Stage 7 then Stage 62


Walking 8.30am to 5.15pm
Distance walked 21km

I filled my water from the lake and walked the short distance to Paradiset, comprising a cluster of wooden holiday cabins, painted in the traditional deep red, together with a car park. A half dozen or so children were playing and enjoying the freedom and fresh air. Swedes seem to relish the simple pleasures.

Paradiset
Stage 6
Shortly after Paradiset I came to a fork in the path; left was Stage 5:3 going south; I took the Stage 6 path westwards which skirted the village of Ådran (although I wasn't aware of it) and up and over a rocky area with spindly trees which, after a km, dropped down to a forest road. The next couple of miles were rather dull as much tree felling had taken place.


I'm hearing plenty of woodpeckers. Today I saw one hammering for insects in a telegraph pole. It obliged me by uttering a raucous cry.

I had a break at a wind shelter overlooking the former Lake Kvarnsjön, which had been drained at some time and is now a reed marsh. A haven for bird watchers probably. As I sat there, a greenfinch alighted only three feet away.


My lunch stop was at Lida, a large park with cabins and a large cafe. It was quite busy. I bought a couple of filled ciabattas for the next two days lunches. On the edge of the park was a high level activity area for kids amongst the trees and zip wires. It looked quite formidable.

I left Stage 7 and joined Stage 62, at the start of which was a windy walkway maybe two hundred yards long through a marsh with a hide in the middle.


The path then followed the edge of Lake Getaren around a promontory before joining a path alongside a large pasture and then a large stables. I collected water for the night from a small spring.

After a remote rock and forest walk, I found my night's pitch amongst trees (as usual). All is quiet apart from the odd birdsong.



Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.