Monday 16 March 2020

South West Coast Path Day 9 - 14 March 2020 Crackington Haven to Tintagel

Walking 7.20am to 4.30pm
Distance walked today 13 miles
Total distance walked 121 miles
Distance remaining 477 miles

Only a 10% chance of rain today but it rained just before I packed up and several times during the day.

Quite a bit of mud but some lovely cliff top walking. The long ascent of Rusey Cliff was punishing. I met a lady from New York who was walking from Penzance to Inverness. At one point there was a sign indicating four miles to Boscastle - it took three hours. When I eventually got there, I did a resupply at Spar and then eased a beautiful large pasty down my throat outside the bakery and then over the road to the Bridge Tea Rooms for a coffee before thinking I ought to be on my way.

Above Bossiney Haven, I took the path to meet the road at Bossiney and walked into Tintagel which I don't recall visiting before. It didn't detain me and I made my way to the church. I chatted to a lovely lady preparing the church for tomorrow's service. She said I was welcome to camp in the very large churchyard which is now where I am.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic effort Geoff, was waiting for you to get to Tintagel. Last time we were there May sat in the Church with baby Charlotte whilst Laura (4) walked down, then up to tha Castle with the rickety handrail in pouring rain with the only person there the NT/EH guide who lets us have a quick look round for free very impressed by Laura's effort to get there. May froze in the church!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.