Monday 8 August 2022

Oxfordshire Way Day 2 - 7 August 2022

I slept quite well. Around 11pm a nearby deer was barking so I threw sticks in its direction and it moved away.

I was away by 7am, looking forward to covering a few miles before it got too warm. The villages I passed through were so quiet. I went into virtually all the churches along the route to enjoy the cool. The walking was delightful and the Way is generally well signposted.

 

At Tetsworth I called in at The Red Lion (which also serves as the village shop) and downed a pint of lime and soda. I also bought a slab of lardy cake to have with lunch.

 


It's been a leisurely day. With long daylight hours and just seventeen miles, I've taken a couple of stops of about an hour. A couple passed me as I was stopped for lunch on the edge of the Rycote estate but I've only seen one or two other walkers and they seemed just out for a Sunday walk.

My day has ended, as planned, at Bernwood Forest. I'm in the corner of Drunkard's Wood, cowboy camping again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.