Saturday 14 May 2022

TGO Challenge Day 2 - 13 May 2022

Walking 8am to 3.10pm

Distance walked 14 miles
Distance remaining 150 miles

It was quite a wild and blustery night and it hardly stopped raining. Still, the tarp held up well and I was on firm ground. Had a good night's sleep, better than I'd have had in the bothy, waking every time someone went outside to the "loo", not to mention my own visits.

It was raining a bit as I packed up. Because of all the rain the track was flooded in many places. I managed to walk round most but where a stream crossed the track it was easier just to walk through, maybe about nine inches deep.

Looking back to Athnamulloch

                                                                                    Towards Loch Affric


 

The rain continued on and off all morning so coffee at 11 was out. I stopped at 12.15 where the Affric Kintail Way turns right and straight on to the Affric car park. Had a late coffee followed by early lunch. Just five miles to go. The track was easy and generally level. Collected water for the night along the way. My vetter, Emma, thought I might struggle to find somewhere to camp but I'd noted a location from someone's blog and found it easily, a flattish area down a steep trod below the track. It's at NH264269.

 
Camping at Loch Beinn a' Mheadhoin

I'm on my own and have rinsed my socks and dunked my feet in the loch. Now to heat up home cooked spaghetti bolognese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.