Wednesday 20 April 2022

Cotswold Ring Day 2 - 8 April 2022

Walking 6.30am to 6.15pm

Distance walked 15.5 miles

Across a misty field into an early morning in Lower Slaughter, surely one of the most beautiful (and photographed) villages in England. I passed through quickly following the Macmillan Way to join the Windrush Way just west of Bourton-on-the-Water. I t was turning into a lovely morning. I followed alongside the winding River Windrush and then left it to ascend and then descend into Naunton and across fields to Guiting Power. Here, I supported a local business, The Old Post Office cafe and succumbed to an excellent coffee and a sourdough sausage sandwich together with a couple of things to take away.

On then through Hawling and Brockhampton. On high ground approaching the abandoned buildings of Wontley Farm I found myself in a quick and sudden blizzard but it didn't last. I joined the Cotswold Way which took me past Belas Knap tumulus. Descending through fields, I found myself a pitch for the night in discreet woodland high above a little used road a couple of miles from Winchcombe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.