Friday 22 May 2009

Day 48 Friday - Day off in Peebles

I like Peebles. Apart from Boots, Sainsbury's and Tesco, there are barely any high street names. It has a nice feel to it and seems a very friendly place. The main shopping street is attractive and the town is surrounded by hills. I think when many people visit Scotland, they head for the west coast and the highlands. The Borders and Dumfries and Galloway are well worth visiting in their own right.



More than anything else, I'm giving my feet a rest. I've been lucky in only having had one blister and that was in the first week in Cornwall - ancient history now. Fresh air for them today and not pounding the trail can only be good for them.

I've had my hair cut!

2 comments:

  1. What is your route tomorrow and Sunday? I live in Edinburgh and have been following your progress each day and might bump into you somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Geoff
    So near so far away. Jennie and I have just got back from Edinburgh where we were on Sun/Mon.I have been watching your progress to hopefully meet up but had to be back for some work. Also see M&G were there having met them at the AGM ! Anyway enjoy your rest and I expect to see you at a Club meet later on. Your progress is remarkable. (I am tempted to have a go next year ?)
    Bill W

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.