Saturday 16 April 2011

Cotswold weekend - Saturday

Distance walked - 24 miles.

I had a good night but the wildlife was so LOUD at times. Owls woke me twice during the night and as I struck camp at six o'clock this morning a barking fox must have been only a few yards away. No-one passed by last evening - a perfect pitch. I was away by half past six and went through a very quiet Blockley, a lovely village in the early morning sun.

Blockley from the Heart of England Way
From Blockley, my route took me through Broad Campden, Chipping Campden, joining the Cotswold Way up to Dover's Hill. Then on to Broadway Tower where I called in at the tearoom there and was pleased to see my friend Kim who I'd last seen for tea when on my LEJOG in 2009. From there, I walked on to Snowshill, a chocolate box village like many of the others this weekend.
Snowshill
The sun continued to shine as I passed through Taddington, Cutsdean, Ford, Temple Guiting, Kineton, Guiting Power, Naunton and then Bourton-on-the-Water where this weekend's trip ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.