Tuesday 15 July 2008

Rutland

Just got back from a weekend in Rutland - a birthday outing. Not walking but in the campervan on a delectable site at Whissendine, north west of Oakham - Greendale Farm - I can thoroughly recommend it. Just fifteen pitches and "adults only" (no, not what you're thinking - what it means is no kids cavorting around disturbing the peace).

I didn't get any walking done, although took the bike on a very pleasant 10 mile circuit. Nevertheless, Rutland appears to be a potentially good area for rural walking. I see that Andrew McCloy's eastern LEJOG route passes through Oakham. However, I must get next year's LEJOG done first and that won't be taking me as far east.

What seems to be a compulsion for me is that whenever I'm out walking or on the bike, I cannot help looking to either side of the path or road for potential wild camping spots - very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.