Monday 12 October 2020

Seven Shires Way Day 7 - 11 October - Hethe to Poundon

Colin sent me off with an excellent cooked breakfast. I made my way back to Tusmore Park Estate and went north to Juniper Hill, the hamlet where Flora Thompson, author of Lark Rise to Candleford, lived. I took a picture of her cottage from the lane.

On to Mixbury and Westbury, where I stopped for lunch. Just over the road were ornate painted boards mounted on a wall. I don't know what they mean. The Way then came south to Finmere, Barton Hartshorn and Chetwode. The church here was very old with an attached large house, Chetwode Priory, which didn't seem to be occupied.

I'm camped in a belt of woodland between Godington and Poundon. Fourteen miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.