Saturday 10 October 2020

Seven Shires Way Day 6 - Kings Sutton to Hethe

Well, my pitch last night scores maximum points for seclusion, just feet from the towpath but only accessible off it by going about 30 yards through brush and coppice between the canal and river. I slept well despite the trains and traffic. The photo above is courtesy of the WhatThreeWords app.

I walked along the towpath to Twyford and Aynho. Not far after Aynho, I left the canal to cross it at Wharf Farm Bridge and followed a very quiet lane to Souldern, a lovely village. More road walking on a long straight road to Roundhill Farm although I stopped by a gateway sheltered from the wind and made coffee.

Not long after, I entered Tusmore Park, a large estate owned by a Syrian billionaire businessman, Wafik Saïd, who actually lives in Monaco. There are security cameras everywhere. I was about to take a photo of the house when someone appeared and asked me not to. A lady dog walker I met told me the owner is an arms dealer.

I diverted a little from my route to visit an old school friend, Colin, in Hethe and I'm camped in his garden. Had a great evening with him and Lyn.

Only about ten miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.