Friday 13 March 2020

South West Coast Path Day 7 - 12 March 2020 Northam Burrows Country Park to Hobby Drive, near Clovelly

Walking 7.10am to 5.30pm
Distance walked today 14 miles
Total distance walked 94 miles
Distance remaining 536 miles

Although I'd pitched in a horseshoe patch of ground surrounded by bushes it was still a very blustery night. In spite of that, I managed to sleep well until 6.15. As I was packing up I caught sight of someone with a pack walking out of bushes a little distance away. Another wild camper perhaps.

I set off to continue along the park road to do a circuit of the park but ran into problems. An area was fenced off with danger notices. Going around the fenced area, I encountered floods with no way round in sight. Therefore, I retraced my steps past where I'd camped and set off across the flat land for about a mile to reach the park road on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Going well Gaffers, just catching up as been away with work (bad move!). Be in Bude soon which I used on my County to County liked town, camped at Atlantic campsite had the 2 pigs for company. Stroll on Geoff! K

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.