Thursday 18 April 2019

Sörmlandsleden Day 8 - Dymossen shelter to middle of Stage 50

Walking 8.55am to 4.15pm
Distance walked 15km

Such a leisurely start to the day! It was light when I woke at close to 6am and the sun behind the shelter lit up the trees beautifully.

I carried out various chores and even managed a shave, getting rid of a week's growth.



I replenished water at a pump in Gisekvarn. Just as I arrived at Gisesjön lake I met my first other hikers, a party of three, two from Denmark and the other from Switzerland and stopped for a chat. They are only walking for a few days, finishing at Trosa.



I stopped at Gisesjön and broke out the shorts as it's going to be a warm day again. Lunch was had at the shelter by Lake Björken. The 4G signal being generally good here, I was able to download The Spectator to my Kindle!



This afternoon's walking was all through woodland and over mossy rock (there is so much rock in Sweden). I hadn't planned a long day and will very shortly come to a stretch of open land (yellow on the map) that may be agricultural, so found a comfortable pitch not far from where the trees end for the moment. There are a few mosquitoes about which I hadn't been expecting at this time of year. Hopefully, if the temperature drops they might settle down.







Stages walked today - 54, 50:1 & half of 50.

Sent from my iPhone













3 comments:

  1. Do you carry separate shorts? I use zip-offs walking in shorts by day, and if going to the pub for a meal in the evening I zip legs back on. I call that "dressing for dinner."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this time. Long Rohan Bags which I wore for travelling and first few days. Then Rohan Savannah shorts which are great but I found they chafed so I'm also wearing, underneath them, my night time wear, an old pair of Golite Strider Lycra shorts - perfect. Must get a pair of zip offs though. I had some years ago but they wore out.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoying your travelogue, Geoff! On the map it looks like there's a leg of the trail that heads toward the Baltic Sea at around stage 53. Are you going to take that leg?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.