Wednesday 17 April 2019

Sörmlandsleden Day 7 - Near Tullgarn Slott to wind shelter at Dymossen Stages 56 & 55

Walking 7.15am to 6.20pm
Distance walked 30km

The promise of a lovely day weather wise. The early morning sun was glinting off the water through the trees. Not long after setting off, I emerged from the trees and was met with a view across the water of Tullgarnsviken and seemingly endless forest beyond. This country is vast. I can't think of anything to compare it with in the UK.


On then through forest on a good track. 



I didn't do the 400m detour to a hill fort but pressed on. The trail descended to water level and skirted close to Anderviken, passing by the ruin of a former lime kiln.



Meeting the road at Lokholmen, I chatted separately with two locals out for a morning constitutional, one of whom I was to meet twice more. More rocks and trees as I crossed the promontory and the dropping down to Strensund and following a wooded coastal path. The path then went inland before heading back to the coast and skirting the edge of Trosa and making its way round past boatyards into Trosa alongside a river and into the historic part of the town; old houses and narrow unmade roadways between them.





I made my way to the main square and located a large Co-op for a resupply, having lunch outside in the sun. Also a visit to a pharmacy for sunblock! It was really warm.

Leaving Trosa on Stage 55, I omitted a 2-3km loop. In the context of the stage it was probably a highlight but not necessarily in the context of the whole of my walk. My route then took me down a straight avenue to Tureholm slott (castle), and turning right just in front of the sloping road up to the entrance. The castle probably isn't occupied but was very impressive.

Tureholm slott

The trail then climbed to a long path winding over rock and between trees for about 5km, then descending to a gravel road to the 219 road. Crossing this, I entered more woodland where the path climbed steeply and followed a windy route to reach Ringsjön, a lake basking in the late afternoon sun.

After a further 1.5km over a rocky path, and a final climb, I reached my halt for the night, a wind shelter which I have to myself, so no tarp tonight. I even have a loo nearby in a little wooden shed!



My longest day yet but I think I can take it easier from now on.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.