Thursday 7 March 2019

Hertfordshire Way Day 6 - 6 March - Patient End to Royston

Walking 8am to 4.30pm
Distance walked 18 miles
Distance left 72 miles

The aircraft noise stopped for the night and I slept really well although aware of rain falling on the tarp. It was forecast to stop raining at 8am and virtually on the dot it did so I delayed setting off till then.

As usual, there was absolutely no-one about. At a farm called Mutfords, when I passed by the other way in 2017, I noticed it as a graveyard for old Austin A40s, this time I also saw an old red London bus.



In Anstey, I read of a WW2 plane that crashed just behind the church with a full load of bombs which, thankfully, didn't go off. The church lychgate incorporates and old lock up.



Just before Reed, the expected sweeping rain arrived. I took shelter for a few minutes but then pressed on.

Barkway

Reaching Royston, I made my way across Therfield Heath where my friend, Steve, had just arrived to ferry me back to his place a few miles away for the night. I was exhausted so he did most of the talking!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.