Wednesday 21 March 2018

Great English Walk Day 5 - 21 March 2018

Woodbury Hill to Whitton
Walking 6.25am to 6.30pm
Distance walked today 14 miles
Distance walked so far 83 miles 
Distance left 500 miles
Deer at Abberley
A clear sky
 A lovely early morning, cold but clear. Much footpath walking with the inevitable mud and occasional navigational error so didn't cover the distance I'd hoped to.

At Stanford Bridge, I went by a small building development and the plasterers allowed me to fill my water bottles at a temporary tap in one of the houses. They were impressed with the walk but obviously thought I was slightly mad.

On to Stanford on Teme whose church occupies a commanding position. I went in and made use of the free wifi there.
Stanford on Teme

The approach to Tenbury Wells was interesting. a footpath totally underwater. Fortunately, I was able to enter the town a different way.


I ate fish and chips on the bridge amongst rush hour traffic on the road out of Tenbury and walked until dusk looking for a pitch until I found a quiet churchyard at Whitton.

1 comment:

  1. Morning Geoff,
    No tea from plasterers, typical!
    500 to go, not quite a light at the end of the tunnel moment but downhill to 400!
    Stride on!
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.