Thursday 8 June 2017

Pennine Way Day 15 - Day in Greenhead

Another rest day, not for a needed rest but because of the forecast heavy rain for several hours.

I took the AD122 bus to Housesteads. Watched a short film, had a look at the exhibits and had a coffee. I didn't actually walk around the remains of the fort as it was still raining and I'd seen plenty of images inside. Caught a bus back in time for lunch.

Did a bit of clothes washing, took a shower, charged devices and then went across the Greenhead Hotel for a bite to eat - excellent steak & ale pie, chips and veg, washed down with a pint of Black Sheep. Will listen to the election news after 10pm but not for long as I have to be up early for more walking tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.