Friday 20 June 2014

North of England Way

Life is a bit of a tumble at the moment. Having completed the South Downs Way only recently and not having got round to uploading all the photos, I'm off to walk the North of England Way from Ravenglass to Scarborough. According to my mapping, it's about 200 miles and there's nearly 25,000 feet of ascent overall. The walk is from a book by David Maughan. It was devised to use youth hostels but many of them have since closed. It looks to be a good route, though, and largely overshadowed by Wainwright's Coast to Coast. I shouldn't bump into too many other hikers. There should be some good wild camps. All preparations have been made and food parcels put together. I shall be blogging as I go, as usual.

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Can't wait to read the story. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of that one, so doubly looking foward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geoff showed me the guide book Gayle and it looks a good route. One to do if unable to make the cut on the Challenge draw maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.