Thursday 30 April 2009

Day 26 Thursday - Lichfield to Rugeley

Walking 8.30am to 11.20am
Distance walked today 7 miles
Total distance walked 383 miles
Distance left 669 miles

The farm dog, a collie, was daft and my friend for life but when I returned from the washroom this morning, she was lying outside the tarp eating something. She'd managed to root out my effervescent vitamin C tablets that I'd mislaid. They'll probably cause her to foam at the mouth and, whilst I may catch a cold, she certainly won't.

I joined the footpath at the back of the farm, going by Tomhay Wood and Vicar's Coppice. I then dropped down to the Trent & Mersey Canal. By cutting across to Fullbrook Farm yesterday, I'd missed Fradley Junction where the Coventry Canal meets the Trent & Mersey. Although there's a caravan site at Fradley Junction, it seems to be one of those 5* sites that doesn't take campers.

The T&M was very pleasant although it came on to rain after a while, but not heavy. Approaching Rugeley, I found myself on The Way for the Millennium (different from the Millennium Way of a few days ago).

I'm now going "off trail" but will be back on Saturday morning so don't go away. I heard yesterday that Reg and Geert were at Cannock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.