Wednesday 12 March 2008

TGO April

I think this will be my last paper TGO as my sub for the next twelve months will be digital. In many ways, TGO surpassed itself this month in my view. I was particularly interested in the feature on Stephen Pern. I'd never heard of him or his writing. I immediately found a web site and bought, second hand, his book "The Great Divide" being an account of his walk along the CDT in the States. It arrived promptly. Having dipped into it, I can say that he writes well and I'm looking forward to reading it cover to cover.

The other person of interest was Francis Tapon; hadn't heard of him either. The article on him could have been longer but hey. He has a web site http://francistapon.com/ which has a lot on the APT, CDT, etc.

Am hoping to get away for a couple of days on Exmoor later this week; hope the weather's not too wet. The south west has been very wet and windy so far. A wild camp will go down very nicely thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.